Landscape Painting class, and a 40 Minute Demo


This is a quick, 40 minute painting I did for the first day of the Landscape Painting class I'm teaching at Brookdale Community College. We're out at Sandy Hook, NJ for this class, which is a gorgeous place to teach. I've taught 2 summer sessions of Watercolor out there so far, and now this class. Which makes me not only the first professor from the Art Department at Brookdale to have taught a class on the Hook, but also the one that has taught the most classes there.

Since this was a demo, I also did a lot of talking about technique, about color choices and mixing colors, compositional choices, and so on, and the 40 minutes includes that. So really, this is probably a 25 minute painting or so.

I'm hoping that I can do at least a quick painting every single week of class, and this particular group of students I think would prefer that I demo while they paint, because it is a good way to learn.

We'll see though